Thursday, January 22, 2009

Who says white boys can't dance?

Someone recently emailed me this video and I wanted to post it on here to share with my blog readers. This guy, Matt went all over the world dancing with different people in really amazing locations. He did it to show the affect that dancing has on all people. I Love dancing and especially at receptions! It is not unusual to see me out on the dance floor with my camera getting some actions shots. At one wedding I ended up in the spotlight dance as the DJ started chanting "Go camera girl, go camera girl!" I could not agree more with Matt that dancing can bring any group of people together in celebration. I just felt joy when I was watching this and hope it brightens your day too!



This is the link where I orginally saw the video!
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap080722.html

Happy People Dancing on Planet Earth
Credit: Matt Harding & Melissa Nixon

Explanation: What are these humans doing? Dancing. Many humans on Earth exhibit periods of happiness, and one method of displaying happiness is dancing. Happiness and dancing transcend political boundaries and occur in practically every human society. Above, Matt Harding traveled through many nations on Earth, started dancing, and filmed the result. The video is perhaps a dramatic example that humans from all over planet Earth feel a common bond as part of a single species. Happiness is frequently contagious -- few people are able to watch the above video without smiling.

I would love to photograph any of you busting out some of Matt's mad dance skills. So, get to practicing because wedding season is right around the corner!


Jenny Evelyn

No comments:

google