Ok, I know that is the 12th of January and I am just now getting to blogging some of my resolutions but here they are.
1. Read More. I am just not much of a reader...my hubbs will read though a 500-1000 page book in a week! But to put more focus on this one I want to read my Bible more.
2. Be more specific when I pray for people as well as my own needs. Pray for my husband more too. I am reading(see I am already making headway) The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I actually got this book as a wedding gift and just started reading it a week ago! It is really encouraging!
3. Loose weight! This one is always on here, but I have managed to accomplish some of this goals from last year's resolution!!! So this one should not be as hard this year! More than that, stay in shape. I did a 5K last year, see here. I would like to do more of these but, they are usually on Saturdays and I am usually shooting weddings. Also, I would like to play some soccer. Soccer was a BIG part of my life growing up and I know that there is a woman's league in Macon. I just need to get connected.... I think the games are during the week too! I guess Yoga goes in this category as well. I love yoga class and I just need to be more consistent in going.
4. Grow as an artist! Look at and be exposed to more art! All kinds of art not just photography! My sister Ava gave me a book of the painter Mucha's work! He was an amazing artist that focused on painting women. Great inspiration!
5. Walk Kensie every day! I know this will not happen, but I want to try!
6. Grown my style and knowledge of photography. I am going to be looking for some workshops and classes that will help me to continue to grow!
7. Blog more often....See the problem is.. I cannot SPELL to save my life. I dread that email or phone call I know I will get after ever time I hit post! "Jenny did you know you misspelled (fill in the blank here)"
Its just a fact of life for me. Spelling and correct grammar is the bane of my existence. I want my blog to sound the way that I talk so I just type what comes out of my head with no respect for grammar and spelling. I have at least 3 people I will call to proofread for me, but still things slip though the cracks. My sister, Charlotte has been the biggest help of all. (thanks Char) So, sometimes the reason I decide to just not blog is because of spelling and I will try my best to get better at this in 2009! In advance, I would like to apologize for all grammatical and spelling errors that 2009 will bring, but it's just part of who I am. My husband said it best when he said, "You cannot spell check stupid." ie. board and bored or plane and plain, one more, purposed and proposed... just to name a few!
8. Update my website and get my "baby birds" section up!
9. Photograph more amazing Images at every wedding and other session that I shoot! Continue to challenge myself to never shoot the same thing at every wedding. Of course there are certain shots that I shoot at every wedding, but to do one thing at every wedding that I have never done. That is the goal! Stay Fresh!
10. Do something that I did not do in 2008!
Here they are the 2009 resolutions! It will be fun to look back next year to see how I have done.
Happy New Year,