Monday, October 27, 2008

Susan Komen Breast Cancer 5k



Its my first Saturday without a wedding, and instead of sleeping in Koutsunis and I woke up early decided to join some of our friends in the Susan Komen 5K to run for the cure! I have been touched by a couple of people in my life that are battling this disease. One in particular is the amazing Catherine Carswell! She is a very young woman that is battling breast cancer with such an amazing spirit! Check out her blog the funnier side of cancer!

Koutsunis and I actually ran on the team of Mary Lawson Day. She is a member of my church, and a young mother who is really an inspiration.

These were taken with my phone..sorry for the distortion.



My good friend (and sometimes assistant Amanda) was there with her little boy walking for her Aunt ( Sissy). She was walking with a lot of her family so after Koutsunis and finished our jog we went back and walked with them!


Here they are crossing the finish line!


there were a LOT of people there!

...including my bf Elizabeth who I did not get a photo with, she just did her first marathon last weekend and she also ran the 5k this weekend and got her best personal time, 26:47! You ROCK!

Here are K and I after the run! We had to wait in line a long time to get out of the parking lot...photo opp!

2 comments:

laurel said...

Hated that I couldn't do this with you but it looks like it was a lot of fun!! Yay Elizabeth!! That is AWESOME!

Unknown said...

WOW-I'm so glad you ran the race. I know Mary Lawson Day and I just love her and Danny. You and Kousonis are GREAT!!

google