Friday, February 20, 2009

LisaMae Cakes!

I recently met Lisa and fell in love with her cakes! I am not a big sweets person...but she makes me want cake! She is such an artisan and has a similar out look on her company as I do. Artist first then.... create!
She is so talented and will work with you to create a custom cake for your wedding, party, or event. Did I mention that they taste as amazing as they look. She makes EVERYTHING from scratch and makes as much edible as possible!

Lisa and I got together this past week for a cake photo shoot! It was an honor to photograph her work and help her show her portfolio!

Here are some of the shots!

This first cake was a Martha Stewart inspired cake! I think it looks porcelain.




I LOVE this cake! It's just so happy! Like all artists we are inspired by other's work. Lisa was inspired by Highland Bakery for this lovely cake's design.




Her detail work is impeccable. I like the back of the cake as much as the front!


Some of Lisa's own designs.







Lisa also makes birthday cakes and this wedding cake was inspired by one of her original birthday cakes that actually was the featured centerfold in American Cake Decorating Magazine the Mailbox news division.




This cake was inspired by the bodice of a bride's wedding dress. I cannot believe she was able to recreate it in such a beautiful way!




If you would like to taste some of her cakes, Lisa will be at the Macon Belk Bridal show this Sunday from 2:00pm to 5:00pm. at The Shoppes at River Crossing.

Let her know I sent ya...your taste buds will not be disappointed!

Jenny Evelyn

4 comments:

MJ said...

Hmmmm.... well, I was having my caterer make my cakes, but these have really caught my eye! I may have to check it out at Belk's this weekend!

jennyevelyn said...

You totally should. I am sure your caterer is good too....but Lisa is just amazing!

Angel said...

Lisa is awesome! Her designs are whimsical yet elegant. I can't wait to see what she creates for our wedding and groom's cake!

Brandy said...

I love the cakes in a "rustic" setting, it really makes them pop! At first I typed poop, hahah,and I really was laughing out loud, guess I have been hanging around Haydn too much if I think thats funny!

google